Who we are…in a nutshell
- We are a congregation of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA) and a member of the Tennessee Valley Presbytery.
- We began in 1892 as a church plant of First Presbyterian Church. Read more about our history. [link]
- We are located on the Tennessee side of Lookout Mountain, which is five minutes from Chattanooga and two hours from Knoxville, Nashville, Atlanta, and Birmingham.
- We are a community church, residing in a quiet neighborhood.
- We are a ten-minute drive from Covenant College, and we enjoy worshiping with many Covenant students and faculty.
- We endeavor to provide a wide range of ministry, both within our walls and without.
- We joyfully welcome visitors and would love for you to make us your church home!
Frequently Asked Questions
Where and when do you meet?
LMPC is located at 316 North Bragg Ave on Lookout Mountain, TN. We have one main building and a separate youth building. In the main building we have three worship spaces – the sanctuary, the fellowship hall, and the chapel.
Worship services take place on Sunday in the sanctuary at 8:10, 9:30, and 11:00 a.m. and in the fellowship hall at 9:30 and 11:00 a.m. The sanctuary is a traditional worship style, including a choir and an organ. The fellowship hall worship service is an eclectic, casual style with guitars, piano, strings, and other instruments.
The Lord’s Supper is celebrated on the first Sunday of each month in the morning services. We have a Sunday evening prayer time as well at 6:00 p.m. in the chapel and share the Lord’s Supper at that meeting on the third Sunday of each month.
How should I dress?
Please come to LMPC as you are. There is no dress code. We believe that God cares more about our hearts than how we dress, as in 1 Samuel 16:7b: “The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” So please feel free to dress in the way you feel most comfortable.
What activities are available for my children?
At LMPC we encourage families to attend our large worship services together and welcome the presence of children in the sanctuary and fellowship hall. On Sunday mornings we provide nursery classes for ages 4 & under at 8:10, 9:30 and 11:00. For elementary-aged children through middle and high school youth, we have Sunday schools at both the 9:30 and 11:00 hours so children have a Sunday school to attend while parents are in their Sunday school.
What Sunday school opportunities are available?
We have several available adult Sunday school classes as well as the children & youth Sunday school classes described above. For more details about each adult class, visit the Adult Sunday School page.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our church office at 423-821-4528 or email@example.com.