Hedgehog Grove is an evening of care and fun designed for children with special needs and their siblings who are 12 and under. Our trained volunteers provide individualized care for each child and participate in pre-planned activities and events according to each child’s interest. A nurse is present to assist with any medical needs. The police station is on call to ensure security and a quick emergency response if necessary.
- Imagination Room
- Games & Puzzles
- Arts & Crafts
- Face Painting
- Music Room
- Riding Toys
- Quiet Room
Who is eligible?
- Children who have special needs 12 and under
- Siblings 12 and under are invited to participate
- Families must pre-register by completing an application on each child attending
To sign up your child for Hedgehog Grove, contact Emily Brown at email@example.com.
When is Hedgehog Grove?
Select Friday nights 6-9 p.m. 2016-17 schedule:
- September 23
- November 11
- January 13
- April 21
- Devote your time and attention to a child with special needs
- Devote your time and attention to a sibling of a child with special needs
- Be an activity leader by overseeing one of the rooms for the evening
- Use your special gift or talent to provide the scheduled entertainment during a Hedgehog evening
- Work behind the scenes by setting up, clean up, floater or hall monitor
- Provide dinner for the Hedgehog Grove volunteers (dinner is served to the volunteers while they gather to prepare for Hedgehog Grove)