Lookout Mountain Presbyterian Church in Lookout Mountain, TN is seeking a qualified candidate for the part time (10 hours per week) position of pastoral secretary for Pastor Len Teague, associate pastor of children and youth. Detailed job description and qualifications are below.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com.
SECRETARY TO PASTOR TEAGUE
Offer clerical support to Pastor Len Teague.
- Handle phone calls, emails, interoffice mail, editing and sending of email and letter correspondence.
- Maintain files.
- Administrate events, classes and/or committees for which the pastor is responsible (Sunday school, leader training, small groups, Nurture of Children and Youth cluster, Presbytery committees etc.)
- Administrate communication with youth group graduates including but not limited to updating youth group graduate contact information (and forwarding this information to the ACS administrator,) organizing the college graduate gift card mailing on behalf of the college committee, coordinating the college lunch event as directed by the pastor.
- Prompt, prepare and file the pastor’s monthly reimbursement form with the church administrator.
- Administrate the Wednesday planner (Google doc).
- Administrate weddings and baptisms for the pastor.
- Administrate the summer intern application process through to hiring; coordinate introduction of interns to the church body by submitting FRF and PR forms.
- Co-administrate the Communicant Class for youth with the Office Manager.
- Administrate all youth volunteer screening processes.
- Submit the Mr. T’s charge sheet to church administrator each quarter (January, April, July, October).
- Organize and order office supplies, books and study helps for youth department through the office manager.
- Submit volunteer leader/teacher names for Session approval each month or as needed by all departments.
- Occasionally attend weekly staff and support staff meetings.
- Meet once a week with the pastor and attend the weekly youth staff meeting.
- Administrate the middle school Christmas progressive dinner as directed by the assistant director of Middle School Ministry.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned by the pastor.
- Maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality where sensitive information is known.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
- Work as a team with the pastors, staff members, officers, committees and volunteers.
- Set a high standard of professionalism within this team environment. The goal should be to glorify God in all the office work and encourage staff in their personal walks with Christ.
Reports primarily to the Office Manager
Reports secondarily to the Associate Minister of Children and Youth
Classification: Support Staff
Part time, 10 hours;
Hours are somewhat flexible but Tuesdays 10:30 am-12:30 pm (meeting with pastor) and Wednesday 9 – 11 am (youth staff meeting) are required.
Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
Familiarity with Outlook email applications and data entry
Comfortable working in google docs
Extremely organized, detailed and able to accomplish work independently
Demonstrate a character of integrity and a respect for confidentiality where sensitive information is known.
Successfully pass a criminal background check and assent to the LMPC Statement of Faith