In order for a candidate to be considered for financial support for seminary from Lookout Mountain Presbyterian Church, he/she must meet all of the following guidelines:
- The candidate must have been an actively-involved member of Lookout Mountain Presbyterian Church for a minimum of one year prior to making the request.
- The candidate must submit a written recommendation from a pastor of Lookout Mountain Presbyterian Church endorsing the candidate’s pursuit of seminary studies.
- The candidate must be able to clearly state why he/she is desiring seminary study and what ministry plans he/she hopes to pursue after seminary.
- The candidate must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in seminary prior to requesting financial support.
- It is strongly recommended that the candidate come under the care of the Session of Lookout Mountain Presbyterian Church prior to requesting financial support.
Please note the following:
Lookout Mountain Presbyterian Church provides financial support for theological study in the master’s degree level only. We do not fund study in the undergraduate or doctoral levels. While we believe that theological study is a valuable tool for all Christians, we only fund students who intend to follow seminary with full-time work in Christian ministry. If a student remains in seminary for more than three years, we will evaluate the student to determine whether support will continue. Meeting the above guidelines is not a guarantee for support. The Home Missions Committee will review each candidate on an individual basis.
For more information on requesting seminary support, please contact Stephanie Young in the Missions Office or call 423-821-4528.